Solo Ride to Atchison and Beyond

The high today was to reach 50, very good for late December in Shawnee, Kansas. My girlfriend was going shopping and to lunch with a friend. A great time for a ride.

I left Shawnee northbound on I-435. It was 45 degrees. I took Hwy 45 north up through the Missouri River valley. At Hwy  59/273 I turned west and rode across the Missouri River into Atchison, KS. It took me a little under an hour to get there.

I picked up Hwy 7 north, intending to ride to White Cloud and possibly on up to the Nebraska state line. Not too far north of Atchison, however, the temperature dropped to 41, colder than I wanted, so I turned westbound on Hwy 20. In this area north and west of Atchison I could see remnants of snow in fields and ditches.  At Hwy 73 I rode back south and east to Atchison. I stopped at Taco Hell for a lunch of the Triple Steak Stack. I’d ridden 110 miles without stopping.

I rode home southbound on Hwy 7 through Leavenworth and then Hwy 5 south and east to I-435 which brought me on home.

The high temp today during my 175 mile ride was 52. WONDERFUL! No pictures were taken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topeka, KS Day Trip

Arizona Trip; Day 4 (Holbrook, AZ to Prescott, AZ)

Florida Trip; Day 13