Fall Foliage Ride; Day 2

Last night when I was done blogging I figured it would be a good time to charge my laptop. Except I failed to bring the charging cord. So now I'm blogging from my iPhone. Things may not look just right.

We blasted away from our motel in Siloam Springs, AR at 8:30 this morning under clear skies. It was 59 degrees. A short distance west we were in Oklahoma and traveling south on 59 Highway. Riding through Salisaw, OK we saw a sign that reminded us of nephew Rob.

In Poteau, OK we stopped for a great lunch at Warehouse Willy's before hopping on Highway 271 and riding south and west to the Talimena Scenic Byway. This is a beautiful ride along the ridge of the Winding Stair Mountain in Oklahoma (Hwy 1) and Rich Mountain in Arkansas (Hwy 88). We saw some autumn color but we're just a little early for prime leaf viewing. So we rode east on the Talimena Byway into Arkansas to our lodging for the next two nights at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge in the Queen Wilhelmina State Park.

It was a beautiful ride today of 166 miles with a high temperature of 79. Up on the Talimena Byway it was 73. Tomorrow we will do some hiking and relaxing.

Aside from the one photo I was unable to add anymore to this blog entry.  But you can see all the photos taken today by clicking on the following link:  Day 2 Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride