Taos, NM; Day 1; Monday, September 10th

Chris and I are off to Taos, NM.  We departed home at 10:00 am.  It was 72 under blue clear skies.

We rode west and south on I-35, Hwys 50, 150, 56, and 156 to Garden City, KS.  We stopped for gas in Emporia and a short time later we were on Hwy 150 riding through the Flint Hills.  My pictures don’t do the Flint Hills justice.Flint Hills viewed from Hwy 150 west of Strong City, KSWe ate lunch at Applebee’s in McPherson, KS,Chris preparing to order at Applebee's in McPherson, KSand gassed up again in Larned.  We rode past Jetmore, the small town in western Kansas where my Mom grew up.

We arrived in Garden City shortly after 5:00 pm, did some shopping at Wally Mart for items I forgot to bring from home, and checked into the Comfort Inn.  The motel provided popcorn and tuna salad sandwiches for dinner.  We had a dip in the pool and turned in early.  LIFE IS GOOD!

This motel is the same place where my motorcycle was blown over by a storm on July 1st of this year. (http://shawneegoldwingertrips.blogspot.com/2012/07/colorado-day-10-july-1-2012.html)  I’m hoping it won’t happen this time.Garden City, KS

We rode 380 miles today with a high temp of 93.  No pictures today, other than what you see on this post.  I’m looking forward to seeing the mountains tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride