80 Mile Loop

The thermometer on the back of the house (in the shade) showed it was close to 60 degrees. I just had to go for a ride - my favorite short route was just the ticket.

Quivira LnI-435 took me north over the Kansas River, past the Kansas Speedway and the new Cerner buildings to the Highway 5 (Wolcott Road) exit.  Highway 5 is designated as the Historic Frontier Military Byway. I rode 5 north through a few twisties, past the minimum security prison and the National Cemetery to Leavenworth.Leavenworth National Cemetery; Leavenworth, KS

Hwy 5 ends in Leavenworth where it intersects with Hwy 7. I rode 7 south a few blocks to Eisenhower Road and then west to Tonganoxie Road. It may surprise you that Tonganoxie Road goes to Tonganoxie, Kansas.along Tonganoxie Road

From Tonganoxie I went south on Leavenworth County Road 1 over I-70 to Hwy 32, west to Leavenworth County 26, south and then east to Leavenworth County 2, which took me to the bridge over the Kansas River into DeSoto. As I crossed the bridge I could see numerous geese sitting on the ice on the river.  At least I thought they were geese.Kansas River from the bridge at DeSoto, KS

I rode 83rd Street east back to Shawnee. The trip totaled 80 miles and the high temperature was 63. It was rejuvenating to get back out on the bike again. 

For more pictures from this ride click on the following link: https://plus.google.com/photos/104542123131082631220/albums/5968183451755368321?authkey=CMW899rMqf-pwAE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride