A Big South Loop

Today I had the good fortune of riding with my son. He wanted to take advantage of the good weather and I was happy to tag along.

When I left home at about 2:20 to go to Bryan’s it was 53 degrees with blue clear skies. From Bryan’s home we rode south almost to Louisburg (KS), east to Cleveland (MO), south and east to Freeman (MO) and almost to Archie (MO) and then west to Drexel (MO), where I stopped for petrol. By the time we reached Drexel the temperature had risen to 60.

From Drexel we rode west to Paola (KS) and north past Hillsdale Lake to Gardner. Bryan hooked up with his family in Gardner to watch a soccer game while I rode on home.

It was a great ride (though windy). The high temperature for the ride was 63. My only regret was trying to squeeze too many miles (140) into our limited time so Bryan and I were unable to stop, have a cup of coffee and shoot some bull. Maybe next time.

Comments

Steve Finnell said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride