Key West; Day 10; 4/6/14

NOT a beautiful day today . . . . but I can’t complain because I’m traveling with my Peach on my motorcycle. I am blessed.

Be right backFlirt female

We blasted out of Panama City at 9:15 under cloudy skies with a temperature of 72.  Hwy 98 took us west over Saint Andrew Bay. Hwy 98 west of Panama City

We have some neighbors at home who spend a couple months each winter in the Destin, Florida area. They have been trying to convince us to join them. Since we were there we decided to check out TOPS’L, where they stay. It was a very nice looking complex and the apartment we saw had a beautiful view from the balcony.DSCN3874

Pompano Joe’s was our choice for a seafood lunch on the beach in the Destin area. We waited forever for our food but it was tasty and the beach view was bueno.white sand beach in the Destin, FL area

As we finished our lunch it started to rain and I got soaked running to the bike to get our rain suits. By the time we were togged up the rain stopped. Anyway, it rained off-and-on the rest of the day and some of it was very hard.

Since the weather was dicey we opted to leave the stop-and-go traffic on Hwy 98 and rode north to catch I-10 westbound. We rode through Pensacola, into Alabama, and into Mobile. There was a cool tunnel at Mobile. When we entered we went down a pretty steep grade and when we started out we were going up a pretty steep grade. I guess they have to make it that way when they are not tunneling through a hill or mountain.I-10 tunnel - I think near Mobile, AL

In Mississippi we exited I-10 at Hwy 49 and rode south to Hwy 90 with took us west through Gulf Port into Long Beach along the Gulf. We stopped at about 5:30 at a Holiday Inn Express on the Gulf.view of the Gulf from the front of our motel

We rode 276 miles today and enjoyed our evening in the hotel drying out. The front desk lady was very nice in allowing me to park under their covered entryway since storms were expected in the night.

For pictures from today click on the following link: https://plus.google.com/photos/104542123131082631220/albums/5999361721544092129?authkey=CNSOqeiR3rPp6gE

Comments

Frank Bryant said…
We eat at Pompeno Joe's several times each trip to Destin. Can't get enough of the blackened amberjack.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride