Sunday Afternoon Ride

A good day for a ride . . . . . . . . . . . but most days are good days for rides.

Winking smile

I left Shawnee north on Hwy 7 and crossed the Kansas River into Bonner Springs. Hwy 32 took me west out of town. At Leavenworth County 2 I turned south.DSCN4517This is a fun country ride with some twists and turns.Leavenworth County 2The road starts out southbound but turns to the west as you enter the Kansas River valley. At the point where I could turn south and cross the river into De Soto, KS . . . . . . . . Leavenworth County 2I went straight and was on Leavenworth County 26, which eventually turns north and intersects with Hwy 32.DSCN4524

Hwy 32 ends at the intersection with Hwy’s 24 & 40 just east of Lawrence. I rode 24/40 west and then 40/59 south across the Kansas River into Lawrence.

In Lawrence I turned eastbound on 15th street, which took me out of town. On the way I passed a stationary Lawrence police car and then an on-coming Douglas County sheriff’s patrol car. Good thing I was going the speed limit.

I ended up on Douglas County 442 headed east towards Eudora and I passed an old dilapidated farm home that I had to stop and photograph.DSCN4536

As I rode through Eudora I passed a street named after Chris – my Peach.DSCN4539On the east side of Eudora I rode under Hwy 10 and headed east on N1400 which paralleled Hwy 10 to De Soto. I rode Lexington Road through De Soto and 83rd Street back east to Hwy 7, which took me back north into Shawnee.

It was an enjoyable 70+ mile ride with temperatures vacillating between 82 and 89. It was definitely a good day to ride.

In love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride