Leavenworth Tonganoxie Loop

Taking advantage of the great weather (low 60’s and sunny) I decided to take a little ride to blow the cobs out of the Goldwing.

I rode north out of Shawnee on I-435 into Missouri where I caught Hwy 45 west and north.  Hwy 92 took me west over the Missouri River into Leavenworth, KS.  I stopped at Riverfront Park for a few pictures.

IMG_0981

IMG_0983

IMG_0984

Before reaching Leavenworth, on the Missouri side of the river, I stopped for some $1.69/gallon gas thinking it was a good buy.  While riding through Leavenworth I saw a Casey’s with gas for $1.65 – figures.

I rode past the U.S. Penitentiary and on the west side of Leavenworth I caught Tonganoxie Road which took me into Tonganoxie, where I caught Hwy 24/40 westbound.  Before reaching Lawrence I turned onto Hwy 32 eastbound.  Before reaching Bonner Springs I took some back roads south and east across the Kansas River into DeSoto, KS.  Old Hwy 10 took me back into Shawnee and home.

Despite the strong wind it was an enjoyable 105 miles of cruising on the Goldwing listening to my favorite music.

Comments

Steve Finnell said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride