Feeding Frenzy

Here it is, that time between Thanksgiving and Christmas when I should be dieting and preparing to pig out on the Christmas feast (or feasts).  Instead I’m in a feeding frenzy.

Last night Chris and I went out to eat with friends and neighbors, Joyce and Tom.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza and, though Chris and I split an entree, that piece of cheesecake (cheesecake layered with red velvet cake) almost did me in.

This morning, at 7:00, I met some friends at the Big Biscuit in Shawnee for breakfast.


After resting for awhile I rode to Gary’s house in DeScroto where 7 of us met for a ride to Wellsville for lunch at Smokey’s BBQ.

I really enjoyed my burnt end dinner.  If I had to do it over again, however, I would have had their baked beans instead of fries.  They really looked good.


Since it was a beautiful day (sunny and 60+) we took a little ride to let the meal settle; south to Hwy 68, west to Pomona, north to Hwy 56, east to 2200 (or something like that), north to Eudora and east back to DeScroto.  Larry and I checked out Gary’s hotrod (a project in the making) and then motored on home.


A great day of eating and riding.  I rode 140 miles and enjoyed some great food with great friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride