Spring Break Ride 2016; Tire Repair

I took my rear wheel off the motorcycle and transported it to Gary's garage, where we removed the tire from the wheel.

This pic shows the plugged puncture from the outside.

This pic shows the fix-a-flat liquid inside the tire. It was a chocolate milk colored watery stuff. I have no idea how it seals punctures.

This pic shows the mushroom cap of the plug from the inside. This cap broke off when I was drying off the inside of the tire.

We took the tire to a garage and had it patched. This is the pic of the patch.

Gary and I mounted the tire back on the wheel and found no air leaks. I returned home and mounted the wheel back on the motorcycle. I took it on a short ride and all was well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride