Springfield, IL: Day 1

This trip was planned back in July. Carl, Marge, Chris and I traveling to Springfield, IL, staying in a downtown hotel for three nights and touring the sites in Springfield. We left home shortly after 9:00. It was sunny and 58 degrees. Carl and Marge were on their Goldwing. Chris and I in our Ford Fusion.

We took I-35 north out of Kansas City and at Hwy 36 we headed east. After stopping for gas and a break in Chillicothe, MO we had lunch in Macon, MO at the Apple Basket Cafe.
Hwy 36 then took us east to Hannibal, where we crossed the Mississippi River into Illinois and caught I-72 eastbound. Outside New Berlin, IL we stopped at the Danenberger Family Vineyard, where Marge scored a couple bottles of vino.

We arrived at the State House Inn, Springfield, IL at about 4:30 and got settled in. The hotel is only one block from the Illinois State Capital. After dark Chris and I walked around the capital and took some photos.

To see all the photos taken today click on this here link - Day 1 Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride