Northeastern U.S.A. - Day 5

Our day started in Pennsylvania, went through New Jersey and New York, and ended in Connecticut. At 8:00 we left our lodging in White Haven, PA traveling east on I-80 into New Jersey. At exit 12 we dipped south on 521 to Hope, NJ and caught scenic 519 north to New York and I-84 just south of Port Jervis. From here I entered Mystic, CT into Google maps and followed the directions provided. I don't remember for sure the route but looking at the map after the fact I believe it was I-84 east, 17 southeast, 6 east, 202 southeast, 9 south, I-287 east and I-95 east. I may be missing a step or two. We came very close to the north edge of New York City.

Along 202 there was a scenic stop that overlooked the Hudson River.


Traffic was crazy and varied from way too fast to slower than the speed limit. I was glad when we reached our destination of Mystic, CT. We had a very late lunch at Mystic Pizza and the pizza was really good. The movie "Mystic Pizza" was playing without sound on the TV. I have never watched that movie but now I think I will.


Chris and I wandered around Mystic, mailed a card, ate some ice cream and took a few photos of the Mystic River that flows through town and out to the Atlantic. Marge and Denah did a little shopping while Carl & Gary kept an eye on them.



We called it a day in Mystic at 4:15 having found lodging near town. We drove 273 miles today. Our high temperature was either 85 or 87.

To see the photos taken today click on this link: Day 5 Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride