PARADISE

I met Gary (Goldwing), Rod (HD), and Bill (Goldwing) at Midland and Renner in Shawnee at 11:00 am. Bill was leading a ride to Paradise, MO for lunch. His daughter, Kelli, owns and operates the Paradise General Store.
It was a great January day; mostly sunny and 46 degrees when we departed. It was the type of day that motorcycle riders in the Midwest hate to pass up in the winter. We don’t get too many.
We rode north on I-435. I checked my onboard thermometer as we crossed the Missouri River - it read 41. It was back up to 46 when we arrived at the Paradise General Store, 18419 Collins Road, Smithville (Paradise), MO.  This is located on the east side of Smithville Lake.                    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=paradise+general+store&hl=en&ll=39.436922,-94.543447&spn=0.035929,0.077162&fb=1&gl=us&hq=paradise+general+store&hnear=0x87c0922b0bbb5afd:0x69f07b93b7a758e3,Shawnee,+KS&cid=0,0,10356172912849770897&t=m&z=14
002
001
Inside the General Store Kelli operates a grill which provides lunch for locals and travelers who are lucky enough to stop. It is named, quite appropriately, Kelli’s Corner.
All four of us ordered the double cheese burger with fries. I’m telling you it was LARRAPIN good!  I’ve not had a better burger. Rod got Kelli to admit she used a special spice on her burgers but he could not coax the name of the spice from her.
With overfilled bellies (I normally don’t eat that much but I could not resist the peer pressure) we rode back home and the temperature had risen to 55. BE U T FULL! We rode to Lenexa, KS and checked out a new HD Road King that another friend, Val, had just purchased. It was a nice looking ride . . . . even though it was an HD.
I arrived home with 110 miles on the trip meter, a full belly, and improved mental health. It was a great January lunch ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride