Whistle Stop

It was 50 degrees under blue clear skies as I drove out of my driveway at 11:00 am. I met the other riders at 83rd and K-7 about 20 minutes later. Seven bikes started the ride; Carl, Gary, Bill, Greg, Larry, Rod with his wife, Maureen, and me. We were all on Goldwings except for Rod, who was riding his HD.DSCN0660We took off for Osawatomie, KS at 11:30.  We took back roads, hooked up with Bill and Shannon (on their Goldwing trike), just south of Paola, and arrived at the Whistle Stop CafĂ© a little before 12:30.DSCN0661The Whistle Stop has a buffet lunch including broasted chicken, pork chops, and a salad bar for less than $8.00 – definitely worth the price.DSCN0663Hwy 169 and K-7 took us back home. I rode 114 miles and the weather was great, especially for January. The high temperature on the way home was 61 !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride