Run to the Rockies; Day 2

I was excited to start riding in the Rockies, despite the rain.  It was raining when I started the day, when I ended the day and several times in between.  Despite that, it was a great day of riding (353 miles) with beautiful scenery.  It is why I love riding in Colorado.

When I departed Loveland it was 63 degrees.  I rode directly up to Estes Park and then into Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP).  Despite the occasional rain and clouds it was beautiful.view in RMNP

In RMNP I came across Lake Irene, which I am sure was named after my daughter (Molly) and granddaughter (Jenna), both of whom have the middle name Irene.  The lake was pretty, just like them.IMG_0612

As I was leaving the Lake Irene parking lot this deer was crossing the road.RMNP

From RMNP I rode through Granby, Kremmling, Troponas, State Bridge and Wolcott on my way to Eagle, where I ate lunch at the Eagle Diner.

From Eagle, I rode west on I-70 to Glenwood Springs.  Even I-70 has pretty scenery (and tunnels, which are fun).view along I-70 west of Gypsum, CO

From Glenwood Springs I rode through Carbondale, Redstone, Hotchkiss, and Delta on my way to Montrose, where I stopped for the day.

The high temperature today was 81 around Hotchkiss.  The low temperature was 43 in RMNP.  Tomorrow I ride the Million Dollar Highway.  Life is good.

For more pictures from today click on the following link:  https://plus.google.com/photos/104542123131082631220/albums/6168954611164496609?authkey=CN7JnJSut4WKVw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride