Run to the Rockies; Day 4

The last day of my ride to the Rockies.  I left La Junta, Colorado at 6:30.  It was cloudy and 60 degrees.

Hwy 50 took me through Lakin, KS, hometown of my lovely daughter, Heather.  (Making points with my daughters this trip.)Lakin, KS on Hwy 50My first stop was in Jetmore, KS, 215 miles down the road from La Junta.  My mother grew up in Jetmore so, after gassing up, I rode around town a bit.  They were doing some major work on the main drag (Hwy 283).  I wonder if they are replacing the brick?Jetmore, KS; work on the main drag (may be replacing the brick???)

When riding alone one thinks about many different things.  East of Jetmore I was thinking about what type of food I wanted for lunch.  I had a little snack in Jetmore so that probably got me thinking!?!?!  Chinese sounded good but if I did that I wanted a hog trough (buffet).  A Wendy’s Baconator also sounded good.  They look very good in the commercials.

In Great Bend both options were present.  It was a little early though, especially since there was that snack earlier.  My second stop was in McPherson – at Wendy’s.  The Baconator was very good and, since I’m a weight conscious guy, it was accompanied by a side salad.  Even though the Baconator was tasty it was not nearly as big as depicted in commercials.  Probably just as well.

My third stop was home.  Today’s route covered 540 miles.  The total four-day trip mileage was 1,963.

It was a fun trip, despite all the rain.  The good thing about the rain was it kept temperatures down.  The high today was 81, which is unbelievable for July 9th.

It is very good to be home and I’m looking forward to the arrival of Peach tomorrow.

For more pictures from today click on the following link: https://plus.google.com/photos/104542123131082631220/albums/6169659663931008465?authkey=CLLAg-SaupGYQQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride