Headed Home; Day 1

Today Chris and I acknowledged 46 years and 6 months of marital bliss. Love me some Remus!

I found Poonie covered with water this morning. Heavy dew, I think. At 7:45 (eastern time) we drove away from our hotel in Fort Myers, Florida. It was sunny and 73 degrees. The top was up, but just for 30 miles so the top would dry out.

Our route today was simple; I-75 northbound into Georgia and Hwy 82 west at Tifton, GA. Somewhere north of the I-75 exit for Punta Gorda we stopped to put down the convertible top. It was 80 degrees and still sunny. The top was down the rest of the day.

We stopped for gas at a Wawa in Wesley Chapel, Florida. Wawa is the Florida version of Quik Trip. Weird name! As you see, it was still sunny in Wesley Chapel.

As we motored north on I-75 I was thinking it might get so hot and humid that we'd want to put the top back up and turn on the air conditioner. The thermometer did reach a high of 86 but it gradually became cloudy and the temps dropped as we drove north. When we stopped for lunch at the Wahoo Seafood Grill (another weird name) just off I-75 in Gainesville it was 81 degrees. Our vittles were delicious!
Wahoo Seafood Grill in Gainesville, FL

At Tifton, GA we left I-75 and drove west on 82 all the way to Eufaula, Alabama. The last 45 miles or so were on two lane highway and about 15 miles out of Eufaula we experienced some very light sprinkles. We arrived at our hotel at 3:30 (central time). It was 69 degrees and cloudy.

We drove 520 miles today and most of it was with the top down. A good day! I-75 wasn't bad for interstate driving. It was at least 3 lanes in our direction all the way and trucks were not allowed in the left lane. So, when one truck decided to pass another truck we still had a lane to pass both of them - a great idea.

No additional photos were taken today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride