Top Down to Council Grove

Today I drove to historic Council Grove, KS to attend a Rotary meeting. The weather was just nice enough to make it a top down trip. It was cloudy and in the mid fifties when I took off shortly after 9:00.

My route was crossing the Kansas River from Shawnee into Bonner Springs and then 32 west, 24 west, 4 west (which was also I-70 west through Topeka), and 177 south to Council Grove.

Along the way I stopped several times to take photos and I got gas in Eskridge.


After the Rotary meeting in the basement of the Hays House Restaurant I walked around town until it started to sprinkle.

The route home was 56 east, 31 east 268 east, 68 east, I-35 north, 59 north, 10 east and I-435 north to Shawnee. The top was up when I started home (due to light rain) but about 60-70 miles from home I was able to put the top down the rest of the way home.

It was a good day, a 275 mile trip through the Flint Hills with a Rotary meeting in Council Grove. The high temp today was 67.

To see all the photos taken today click on this link: Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride