Florida Trip; Day 1

Chris and I took off for Florida to escape the Kansas cold. It was 8:00 and 20 degrees under clear skies when we drove away from home.

Our route today was 69 south almost to Frontenac, KS; 160 east; S 260th St south; 171 east & south to Webb City, MO; 249 south; I-49 south into AR; 170 west & south to Devil’s Den State Park; 74 east back to I-49 south; I-40 west; I-54 south to Fort Smith, AR.

In the area of Bentonville and Rogers, AR we stopped for lunch at a Cracker Barrel (Chris likes to eat here).

At Devil's Den State Park (Arkansas) we did a little hiking on Devil's Den Trail. It was a pretty hike but a little more rugged than we would prefer. Along the way we enjoyed viewing Twin Falls.

(Chris on the bridge by Twin Falls)

(had enough hiking for the day)

We drove on into Fort Smith, AR to our hotel, arriving shortly before 4:00. It was 50 degrees when we stopped. Our route today covered 302 miles, a good start to the trip.

To see all the photos taken today click on this link: Day 1 Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride