Colorado; Day 1; 9/12/09

Mel, Trisha, Gary, and Judy met in Lawrence, KS at 9:00 am and started towards Colorado. Chris and I had to attend our grandson’s first birthday party at 4:00 pm. It was a fun time as we got to see all 3 of our grandchildren, our sons and their wives, and our parents. We also had some larrapin good chow – smoked pork spare ribs plus other good stuff. We departed Overland Park, KS for Colorado at 6:15 pm.

We rode I-435 west and north to I-70 west. We stopped for gas at the Maple Hill exit off of I-70 and then rode 153 miles nonstop to Russell, KS, where we spent the night at the AmericInn. We got an executive king suite for the price of a regular room. At least that is what she told me. It was a nice room . . . . . . . . . but . . . . . . the internet access did not work.

We rode 240 miles this evening in great weather. It was 78 when we left Overland Park. It got down to 66 before we stopped at 10:00 pm.

For pictures of today click on the following link: http://picasaweb.google.com/goldwinger.shawnee/Colorado2009Days1And2?feat=directlink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado; Day 9; June 30, 2012

Florida Trip; Day 15

My Last Ride